Compression Stockings for Men
Explore the wide range of Sigvaris compression stockings for men. Comfortable to wear with shoes and under clothes, these stockings are designed with the best quality materials and are available in various compression grades and styles. Choose one to fit your needs and say goodbye to pain and discomfort.
Sigvaris Men’s Compression Stockings Price
Benefits of Compression Stockings for Men
While Sigvaris compression socks for men provide daily support, there are also various other benefits to look out for:
- Prevent Blood Clots – The risk of developing blood clots is the highest in your legs. Wearing compression stockings for men is a preventive method to reduce the risk of blood clots forming.
- Improves Blood Circulation – Sigvaris stockings apply graduated compression to the legs, thus supporting the veins to push deoxygenated blood back up to the heart. If you are experiencing pain, heaviness and fatigue in the legs at the end of the day, then these could be symptoms of poor blood circulation. Compression socks can help keep your veins supported and working efficiently.
- Helps Manage Venous Disorders – If you suffer from venous conditions such as varicose veins, then compression stockings will be an essential part of your treatment plan. Compression socks will help manage the symptoms as well as prevent the condition from worsening.
- Provides Comfort – Those with jobs that require them to sit or stand for long hours are often at risk of developing circulatory problems. They also commonly suffer from pain, swelling, fatigue and leg restlessness. Compression stockings prevent all these symptoms by boosting blood flow, making your legs feel light, energized, and comfortable through the day.
- Enhances Performance and Recovery for Sports Or Workouts – If you exercise daily or are an athlete, wearing compression socks can boost performance by improving oxygen flow to the legs, preventing injuries, and reducing muscle vibrations. They also help reduce lactic acid build up in the muscles. Post workouts, graduated compression can help speed up recovery by reducing muscle soreness.
Types of Compression Socks for Men
Medical Compression Stockings
Medical compression stockings provide graduated measured compression. They are available in medical compression grades 1, 2 and 3 in open toe style and in below knee and thigh length. They are also available in different fabrics such as cotton, synthetic and natural rubber.
The Sigvaris compression wrap range is the best choice for those who require an adaptable solution that can be self-managed. The wraps are divided into foot, calf, knee and thigh pieces that can be combined for full leg compression. Class 1, 2 and 3 compression levels can be applied on the same garment.
Support socks are ideal for daily wear and for travel. These socks provide mild graduated compression that boosts blood flow and prevents blood from pooling the legs. These socks are a great way to improve leg health.
Features of Stockings for Men
Some important features of these compression stockings:
- Provides graduated compression from ankle to knee or thigh, depending on the length
- Enhances blood flow
- Prevents blood from pooling in the lower legs
- Prevents pain and heaviness in the legs
- Reduces swelling
- Breathable and comfortable to wear through the day
How to Choose Compression Stockings for Men
Select Compression Level
If you need medical compression stockings, consult your doctor on which grade of compression will be right for you. If you need stockings for prevention purposes, or to manage mild venous symptoms, support stockings can be the ideal choice.
The doctor will also recommend which length you require. If you do not have symptoms in your thigh region, then below knee stockings are usually adequate.
Once you know which compression level and length you need, you can go ahead and select from the range of fabrics available. Cotton is ideal for sensitive skin and for hot and humid climate conditions. Natural rubber is ideal for those with a severe condition who require all day firm support.
Finally, using the size guide, you can measure your leg and select the right size for your compression stockings or wrap.
Frequently Asked Question
What are the different types of men’s stockings available in the market?
There are various types of compression stockings for men available in the market. Some popular types you will find on your NovoMed website are:
- Below-knee Sigvaris cotton stockings
- Below-knee Sigvaris top fine select stockings
- Thigh-length Sigvaris cotton stockings
- Thigh-length Sigvaris top fine select stockings
- Sigvaris calf wrap
- Sigvaris foot wrap
- Sigvaris thigh wrap
- Sigvaris knee wrap
- Sigvaris cotton support stockings
- Sigvaris microfiber support stockings
How should I choose the right size for my men’s stockings?
To choose the right size of medical compression stockings, you will first need to measure your leg at various points. Based on these measurements, you can then find your size from the size chart.
The sizes for support compression socks are based on shoe sizes.
What materials are commonly used to make men’s stockings?
Sigvaris compression stockings for men are available in various fabric options. The most common materials used are cotton and polyamide. These materials are blended with elastane, which is responsible for providing the graduated compression.
How do I care for my men’s stockings?
It is recommended to wash compression socks for men by hand as they are made of delicate material. Use cold water with a mild detergent that is free from bleach and fabric softener.