Stockings for Varicose Veins
What Are Varicose Veins?
It’s a vein-related condition that is extremely common due to factors like standing for long periods of time, heredity, and age. Varicose veins are large, twisted, swollen blue-purple veins that appear close to the skin’s surface. Varicose veins are swollen veins that usually appear in the legs but can occur anywhere on the body.
What Are the Causes of Varicose Veins in The Legs?
Varicose veins develop when there is a problem with blood circulation. Varicose veins are mostly caused by the inadequacy of the veins’ valves to maintain smooth blood flow back to the heart. In addition, vein incompetence causes blood to pool underneath the damaged valve, causing the vein to expand and stretch.
Some of the risk factors for varicose veins are:
- Sitting or standing for long hours
- Genetic Predisposition
- Tight clothing
The use of compression stockings for varicose veins is highly effective and can also help prevent the development of other diseases associated with vein insufficiency.
What Are the Symptoms of Varicose Veins?
If you can see bulging green-blue veins in your ankles, calf, or thigh, then varicose veins are most likely. This condition may or may not be painful. However, it is common to experience the following:
- Leg pain
- Heaviness or fatigue
- Swelling, especially around the ankle area
- Rash or itchiness
- Skin discoloration around the affected area
If left untreated, venous insufficiency can progress over time to form more serious conditions such as venous leg ulcers.
Talking to your doctor about the condition of your varicose veins and getting a diagnosis is a good idea. Therefore, make an appointment with your doctor to discuss your concerns and get advice on how to proceed with treatment based on the severity of your condition.
The doctor will perform a physical exam of venous insufficiency and order some tests. The tests are done to rule out the possibility of blood clots further and assess the veins.
Compression Stockings for Varicose Veins Price
Sigvaris – Stockings for Varicose Veins
|1||Class 2 Compression – Below Knee Length – Sigvaris Top Fine Select||₹ 3,290.00|
|Class 2 Compression – Thigh Length – Sigvaris Cotton||₹ 9,390.00|
|Class 2 Compression – Thigh length – Sigvaris Top Fine Select||₹ 5,390.00|
|4||Class 2 Compression Below Knee Length – Sigvaris Cotton||₹ 5,490.00|
|5||Adjustable Compression – Calf Wrap – Sigvaris Compreflex||₹ 10,490.00|
|6||Adjustable Compression – Foot Wrap – Sigvaris Compreboot||₹ 4,990.00|
|7||Adjustable Compression – Left Thigh Wrap – Sigvaris Compreflex||₹ 11,090.00|
|8||Adjustable Compression – Knee Wrap – Sigvaris Compreflex||₹ 8,290.00|
|9||Adjustable Compression – Right Thigh Wrap – Sigvaris Compreflex||₹ 11,090.00|
How To Prevent Varicose Veins?
It is essential to keep in mind that venous insufficiency is a progressive condition, which means that if ignored, it will worsen over time. Therefore, following certain lifestyle changes can help manage symptoms and prevent progression.
It is also wise to take precautions if vein-related conditions run in your family or your lifestyle requires you to sit or stand for long hours at a stretch.
Follow these tips to manage and prevent varicose veins:
- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight can put additional pressure on the veins, making it harder for them to do their job. A healthy diet and regular exercise can help you maintain a healthy weight. A daily exercise regimen of at least 30 minutes is recommended.
- Elevate your legs: Elevating your legs above the level of your heart is an easy way to relieve the pressure on your veins and boost blood flow.
- Wear loose clothing: Tight clothing can disrupt smooth blood flow and thus increase your chances of vein-related disorders.
- Wear compression stockings: Compression stockings provide graduated compression to your legs, thus supporting your veins, boosting blood flow, and preventing swelling.
- Avoid sitting or standing for long: Avoid sitting or standing for long periods at a stretch. Move around at regular intervals to enhance blood circulation.
- Quit smoking: Don’t smoke; doing so increases your risk of developing or aggravating existing health problems, including varicose veins.
Benefits Of Compression Stockings for Varicose Veins
Wearing compression stockings for varicose veins has many advantages. Below are a few:
- Reduces pain and heaviness
- Promotes lymphatic drainage and thus reduces swelling
- Boosts blood circulation
- Assists and supports veins to carry blood back up to the heart against the flow of gravity
- Continuous use of compression stockings can prevent further progression of the condition.
- Prevents deep vein thrombosis
- Improves quality of life
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Choose the Right Compression Level for Varicose Veins Stockings?
If you have mild to moderate varicose veins, the doctor is most likely going to prescribe class 2 (23-32mmHg) medical compression stockings. Since this is the most commonly prescribed compression class for varicose veins, these types of stockings have come to be known as varicose veins stockings.
It is essential to know that the compression level that you need for your varicose veins depends on the severity of the condition as well as your medical history. Therefore, it is best to consult your doctor before buying medical-grade compression stockings for varicose veins.
How To Choose the Right Varicose Veins Socks Size?
To find the correct size, consult the product’s size chart and measuring instructions. Measure the leg at the defined points and find your correct size from the size chart.
Size is a very important consideration when buying varicose veins stockings. The correct fit is essential to get the correct compression level. A larger size will result in less or no compression, whereas a smaller size can hinder blood flow, making your varicose veins worse.
It is advisable to buy medical compression stockings from a respected brand and manufacturer, as wearing compression stockings that are not made correctly can do more harm than good.
How To Take Care of Compression Stockings for Varicose Veins?
Medical compression stockings are usually expensive and delicate in nature. Taking proper care of your compression stockings will make them last longer. Here are some easy ways to do so:
- Handwash your compression stockings in lukewarm or cold water
- Use a mild detergent that is free of harsh chemicals, fabric softener, and bleach
- Lay them flat dry, indoors
How To Wear Stockings for Varicose Veins?
Follow the instructions to wear compression socks easily and correctly –
- Always use rubber gloves – this will protect the stockings from tears and make it easier to grip the garment to adjust over the leg.
- Do not apply lotion or cream before wearing compression stockings; this will make it harder to pull the stockings up as well as damage the elastic fibers in the garment.
- Put on the stockings first thing in the morning when swelling is at its minimum.
- Use the sock puppet method.
How To Buy the Best Stockings for Varicose Veins Online?
Consult your doctor before buying varicose veins stockings online. Your doctor will advise you on which compression class to buy and the trusted brands you can choose from.
Before buying compression stockings online, make sure that you are getting the correct size and correct compression level.